If you have never done a detox before– it can be a little confusing.
So, what exactly is a detox and can it help you feel better or lose weight?
A full body detox can help you in many ways, maybe even ways that you haven’t considered. Doing a detox can make you feel better and help get rid of bad habits quickly. Different detox strategies have very different results. Sometimes people may detox by drinking more water, going on a water or juice fast, drinking more green juice or fresh juices, or by purchasing supplements or shakes. I detox by simply choosing to eat clean. I prefer to use whole foods and alkaline water exclusively for 3-5 days as my detox strategy. This is how I created the DIY Essential Detox and it has stayed the same concept since I began using it almost 10 years ago. I have not only used it for myself for years, clients saw my results and started asking me to do it for them. Then I turned it into a DIY program that can be done anywhere because I wanted an option for my non-local clients.
By only staying with whole foods such as fresh vegetables, lean meats and fresh fish, and a very minimal amount of fruits and nuts, I can still eat delicious tasting food while eliminating all processed foods. This minimizes the major hunger pains and cravings that you might have when on very restrictive cleanses with only shakes or juices.
There are different schools of thought on detoxing but I am a fan of them for several reasons. I enjoy having delicious foods and drinking good wines occasionally, so by going on a detox on a regular basis, it is like a Spring cleaning for my insides several times a year. It helps keep you on track by reigning your behaviors back in every few months. It keeps your eating habits from getting out of hand.
Here are a few benefits of doing a cleanse or a Detox:
* Jump-Start Your Diet – If you have problems turning down food that is not good for you, and you’re snacking a lot, a planned detox such as the Essential Detox can help jump-start your new diet. It can help you get over your cravings, shrink your stomach and deliver more nutrition to your body to help you become stronger.
* Help Prevent Chronic Disease – Many people who go on a detox plan end up preventing and even reversing chronic disease. People often see marked improvement and a lowering of medication for diseases like type II diabetes and high blood pressure.
* Increase Energy – A good detox can help you get your energy back. This is because you will get rid of bloating, food reactions, and other things that get in the way of a good night sleep, like caffeine or junk food.
* Improve Your Skin – When you let your digestive track rest and drop certain foods from your diet such as dairy, you will improve your skin pretty quickly. Most people see a change in their skin within just a couple of weeks when they restrict their food intake.
* Overcome Addiction – When you have trouble turning down things like wine, French fries, pie and so forth, a detox of some kind can help you get control over yourself and help you overcome those addictions that develop.
It’s clear that if you detox your body, you can improve your life substantially. It’s super important to learn about the different types of detoxes that you can do.